MAKE Griessnockerl from Scratch
120 g semolina (Weichweizengriess or alternatively Hartweizengriess)
80 g soft butter
fresh ground nutmeg to taste
salt to taste
1-2 tbsp chopped parsley
– Add soft butter to the semolina and mix well.
– Beat eggs and add to the semolina, mix until you get a smooth dough,
– Add chopped parsley, spice to taste with salt and nutmeg.
– When the broth is done, drain it and bring back into the pot, spice with salt, nutmeg and black pepper to taste.
– Keep the broth on low heat, it should be hot but not boiling.
– With 2 teaspoons form Nockerl out of the semolina dough, and place them carefully into the broth. It should not boil. Let them cook for 15 min and make sure the broth is not boiling otherwise the Nockerl will fall apart.
INSTRUCTIONS for the Knorr SoupThis packaged soup from Knorr can be made within minutes and is ideal when you are short of time or too busy for cooking. The soups has no preservatives, MSG or any chemicals. It's of high quality and tastes almost like home made.
You need 1 Knorr Soup Package
- Pour 2 cups (500ml) of cold water in a pan.
- Bring water to a boil
- Stir the content of the bag into the water, whisk well.
- Let simmer for 10 minutes while stirring occasionally.
- Place some fresh chopped parsley or chives into a bowl, then add the hot soup.