Make sure to stay with the instructions and you will make these cookies in no time. You just need to add some fresh ingredients. Keep them in a nice Christmas tin. Happy Baking!
Ingredients German Classic Christmas Cookies
1 Baking Mix
200 g soft unsalted butter
1 Baking tray and parchment paper
- Layer a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Pre-heat oven to 340 F
- Place baking mix for the dough in a bowl. Add butter and egg.
- With a hand mixer, or the hands, knead first on low speed and then on high speed or use hands, until you get a smooth dough. The best is to knead on a smooth surface.
- Sprinkle flour on the surface. In Germany we use a large wooden board.
- Roll the dough and with cookie cutters cut out the cookies.
- Bake for 12-14 min on middle rack.
- When done gently pull the entire parchment paper with the cookies on a cooling rack.
Decorate them as you like:
Dip in melted chocolate. fill with jam and add another smaller cookie on top (Linzer style), dust with powdered sugar.
- Or make a glaze out 200 g sieved powdered sugar and 3 tbsp lemon juice. You can use safe edible colors to create a colorful glaze.
- Or add chocolate sprinkles, coarse sugar, chopped almonds or brush with egg yolk.
- Let cookies cool off completely before placing them in a tin.