You need nice cookie cutters and some holiday sprinkles for decoration. There are so many variations that you can make.
Make sure to stay with the instructions and you will make these cookies in no time. You just need to add some fresh ingredients. Keep them in a nice Christmas tin. Happy Baking!
Ingredients German Classic Christmas Cookies
1 Baking Mix
200 g soft unsalted butter
1 Baking tray and parchment paper
- Layer a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Pre-heat oven to 340 F
- Place baking mix for the dough in a bowl. Add butter and egg.
- With a hand mixer, or the hands, knead first on low speed and then on high speed or use hands, until you get a smooth dough. The best is to knead on a smooth surface.
- Sprinkle flour on the surface. In Germany we use a large wooden board.
- Roll the dough and with cookie cutters cut out the cookies.
- Bake for 12-14 min on middle rack.
- When done gently pull the entire parchment paper with the cookies on a cooling rack.
Decorate them as you like:
Dip in melted chocolate. fill with jam and add another smaller cookie on top (Linzer style), dust with powdered sugar.
- Or make a glaze out 200 g sieved powdered sugar and 3 tbsp lemon juice. You can use safe edible colors to create a colorful glaze.
- Or add chocolate sprinkles, coarse sugar, chopped almonds or brush with egg yolk.
- Let cookies cool off completely before placing them in a tin.