Christmas is the time for home made cookies. Here's a special recipe for cute holiday mushroom shaped cookies. To make these cookies you would use a Dr Oetker baking mix or alternatively the Kathi shortcrust baking mix. Just use the baking mix and some fresh ingredients. Happy Baking!
Ingredients German Holiday Mushroom Shaped Cookies
For the Base Dough
1 baking mix Shortcrust cookies
200 g soft butter
150 g powdered sugar and 2-3 tbsp hot water
- Pre-heat oven to 340 F, convection 300 F.
- Use the backing mix per instructions: Combine content with butter and 1 egg, then knead until you get a smooth dough.
- 1/4th of the dough: form about 70 small balls. Place them on the baking tray layered with parchment paper. Gently flatten them a bit; these are the bottoms of the mushrooms.
- Bake for about 10 min.
- Pull them with the paper from the tray onto a cooling rack. Let cool off.
- Form out of remaining dough 70 bigger balls, these are the mushroom heads.
- Use same proceeding as for the other cookies.
- Bake for about 15 min.
- Mix powdered sugar with water until you get a thick glaze. Use. baking brush and add some of the glaze on the bottom part of the mushroom heads. Take the bottom part and press against the upper part. The glaze makes them stick together.
- Brush a bit of the glaze also on top of each mushroom.
Alternatively you could use chocolate that is being melted instead of glaze.
These cookies are good for 2 weeks when kept in a tin at a cool place.