INGREDIENTS German Holiday Apple Cake
For the Dough
- 1 package Kathi Mürbeteig
- 1 egg yolk
- 160 g soft butter
- 50 g raisins
- 400-500 g slightly sour apples
- 2 package vanilla pudding
- 400 ml milk
- 400 g heavy cream
- 50 g sliced almonds
- some cinnamon and sugar
Baking Instructions German Holiday Apple Cake
Pre-heat oven to 320 F (160 C), convection. 350 F regular oven.
In a bowl combine the baking mix thoroughly with 1 egg and 160g butter.
With the hand mixer and kneading hooks mix well until you get a smooth dough, or use the hands to knead. Form a ball.
Wrap the dough ball in foil and refrigerate for 30 min.
- Roll the dough on a smooth surface. Use some flour.
- Place into a greased spring form (10 inches). Make a rim of 2 inches around the form.
- Peel apples, remove core, cut in quarters and then in thin slices.
- Place the apple slices on the dough. Add raisins.
- Combine vanilla pudding powder with 200 ml milk and sugar to taste. Mix well.
- Combine heavy cream with remaining milk in a pan and bring to a brief boil.
- Add pudding to the heavy cream-milk mix and whisk thoroughly. Bring again to a very brief boil.
- Pour the pudding over the apples and spread even.
- Sprinkle with almonds, and the cinnamon-sugar mix.
- Bake for 60 min.
Before serving dust with powdered sugar.