This is a recipe for delicious German strawberry yoghurt waffles. Perfect for the strawberry season! To make the waffles you would use the German Kathi Waffle baking mix. You just need to add some fresh ingredients and, of course, strawberries. A perfect recipe for baking beginners.
You can make the German Waffles from scratch if you like - Here is the Recipe
Ingredients German Strawberry Yoghurt WafflesFor the Dough
- 1 Kathi Waffle Baking Mix
- 2 eggs
- 180 g butter
- 300 g plain or strawberry yoghurt
For the Topping
- 500 g fresh strawberries
- 2-3 tsp sugar Zucker
- 2 tbsp Cointreau or Orange liquor (optional) - alternatively use some natural orange flavor
- Prepare the strawberries: Wash, remove green part and chop into small pieces.
- Place into a large bowl.
- Sprinkle with sugar and liquor/orange flavor - Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Use the baking mix and place into a bowl with eggs, butter and about 150 g yoghurt.
- Mix with hand mixer for 3-5 min on high speed until very creamy.
- Prepare waffle maker per instructions.
- If needed add some butter.
- With a ladle pour some dough. Close waffle maker and let bake for 2-3 min. Keep the waffles warm when done.
Finally combine the strawberries with remaining yoghurt and place on the waffles. Serve warm.