This is a recipe for delicious German streusel cake with apricots. Perfect cake for the summer season. To make this cake you would use the German Kathi Streusel baking mix. You just need to add some fresh ingredients and, of course, apricots or alternatively peaches. A perfect recipe for baking beginners. Happy Baking!
For the Dough
- 1 package Kathi Streusel Mix
- 1 egg
- 130 g soft butter
- 375 g fresh apricots or 1 can - alternatively peaches
- 50 g hazelnuts or almonds, ground
- 2-3 tbsp sugar if you use fresh apricots
Baking Instructions German Streusel Cake with Apricots
- Wash apricots, remove pit and remove peel (if you like): Place apricots in boiling water for 3 seconds, then with a knife remove peel.
- Pre-heat oven to 170 C (150 convection)
- Grease 10 inch (26cm) springform and dust with flour.
- Combine baking mix with 1 egg and 130 g soft butter in a bowl.
- With a hand mixer and kneading hooks mix for 2-3 min on low speed until dough is crumbly.
- Place 2/3 of the streusel on the bottom and around the rim of the spring form. Press gently.
- Place apricots on the dough tightly.
- Sprinkle with hazelnuts and the sugar.
- Add remaining streusel on top.
Bake for 30 min. Place parchment paper on top after 15 min.
Let cake off before removing from the form. Serve with whipped cream.