Ingredients German Holiday Apple Cake1 Baking Mix
1 spring form Ø 10inches, some butter
50 g soft butter
6 medium size apples
600 ml heavy cream
- Grease the bottom of the spring form and around the rim.
- Pre-heat oven to 340 F
- Place baking mix for the dough in a bowl. Add butter and egg.
- With a hand mixer or hands knead until you get a smooth dough. Roll 2/3 of the dough on a clean surface with some flour so it fits into the form.
- Make a roll of remaining dough and place it along the rim. You want to get a rim of 1 inch height.
- Peel apples, remove core with a remover so you have a hole, cut in halves horizontally. Place apples with cutting side on the dough.
- Place little apple pieces in between the apples.
- Add the raisins onto the apples and into the middle.
- Use the mix for the topping with 100ml heavy cream. Mix well.
- Bring remaining heavy cream to a brief boil, then remove from heat.
- Combine the first mix with hot heavy cream and boil for 30 seconds. Then pour over apples.
- Bake for 60 min on medium rack.
- When done use a knife and release the edges from the form. Keep cake in the form for 5 min in turned off oven.
- Let cool off for 1 hour then release from form.