Make sure to stay with the instructions and you will get a wonderful German cake. Just use the baking mix and some fresh ingredients. Happy Baking!
Ingredients German Holiday Plum Cake
1 Baking Mix
1 spring form Ø 10 inches, some butter
6 tbsp milk
100 g soft butter
1 jar plums (drained weight 385g) or alternatively canned sour cherries
400 ml cold heavy cream
100ml warm water
- Grease the bottom of the spring form and around the rim.
- Pre-heat oven to 340 F
- Place baking mix for the dough in a bowl. Add butter, milk and egg.
- With a hand mixer knead first on low speed and then on high speed for 3 min.
- Pour batter into spring form. Spread even.
- Bake for 30 min on middle rack.
- When done use a knife and release the edges from the form, then release form. Let cool off completely on a rack.
- Place the cake on a cake platter.
- With a tablespoon remove the inside of the cake - 1/2cm deep. Leave an edge of 1cm.
- Keep the crumbles in a bowl and make them a bit smaller.
- Drain the plums and place in a sieve. Spread them onto the cake.
- Beat heavy cream until firm.
- Use the mix for the cream filling and combine with water in a bowl. Mix well until smooth. Add the whipped cream in 2 portions. Then add the cinnamon-sugar-streusel mix. This is your filling cream.
- Spread the filling cream like a dome all over the cake, from the edges to the bottom. Sprinkle with the crumbles that were removed from the cake. If needed press gently into cake.
- Place cake for 2 hours in the fridge.
- Before serving sprinkle with decorative sugar.