Ingredients German Topped Apple Cake1 Kathi Shortcrust Baking Mix
4-6 apples small-med size
2 tbsp raisins
3 tbsp chopped almonds
cinnamon to taste
Baking Instructions German Topped Apple Cake
In a bowl combine baking mix thoroughly with egg and butter.
- With the hand mixer and kneading hooks mix well until you get a smooth dough, or use the hands to knead. Form a ball.
- Wrap the dough ball in foil and refrigerate for 30 min.
- Roll 2/3 of the dough on a smooth surface sprinkled with flour.
- Grease and sprinkle with flour a special Fruit cake form (10" or 26cm).
- With a fork poke the dough multiple times.
- Peel apples, remove seeds, cut in quarters, then in small pieces.
- Mix apples, raisins, almonds and cinnamon.
- Pre-heat oven to 180 C or 360 F.
- Place the apple filling into the form.
- Roll remaining dough and make a cover or thin stripes.
- Place the stripes like a grid on top of the apples. If you like you can beat an egg yolk and brush the yolk on the dough stripes.
- Bake for 40-45 min.
- Let cool off on a cooling rack.
Serve with whipped cream!
MAKE THIS CAKE FROM SCRATCH - GO TO THE RECIPE -