If you have purchased the German Dr Oetker pudding in a package that is imported from Germany you may not find the cooking instructions on the back. It's all in German. Learn in this article how to make this delicious German pudding even if you cannot speak German.
In our shop we carry different Dr Oetker pudding and it is also available in the Love German Food box.
How to Make the German Dr Oetker PuddingCOOKING INSTRUCTIONS DR OETKER PUDDING
500 ml milk
sugar to taste, at least 2 tbsp
- Pour the milk into a pan that was rinsed with cold water.
- From the milk use 7 tbsp and combine in a separate bowl with the content of 1 package and the sugar.
- Whisk very well and make sure there are no clumps left.
- Bring the milk on medium heat to a boil, whisk several times to make sure no milk will settle on the bottom of the pan.
- Add the pudding-milk mix to the milk in the pan, whisk continuously.
- As the milk gets hotter you will see that it will thicken.
- For 30 seconds while stirring, cook the pudding then remove from heat.
- Rinse a bigger bowl or small bowls with cold water, and pour the pudding into the bowl/s.
- To prevent skin build up place a sheet of plastic foil right away on top of the pudding surface. When pudding has cooled off remove the foil.
- Let the pudding sit in the fridge for at least 4 hours. If you have used the small bowls you can release the pudding on a plate and serve with a raspberry or strawberry sauce (very good with Vanilla or the Cream Pudding).