Kathi German Lemon Cake - Authentic Zitronenkuchen 15.9oz
The cake will be covered with a lemon-sugar icing, and you will love the rich, natural lemon taste. Everyone will love this cake.
- Glaze: Sugar-lemon
- Just add 3 eggs, 170g - 6oz butter and 2 tbsp milk or water
- Made in Germany
- Non-GMO ingredients
- Low sugar content
- Instructions are in German - find them in English BELOW
375 g Baking mix, 110 g lemon glaze
Good for a pound cake form (25 cm) or bundt cake form (Ø 23 cm)
Baking Mix: Wheat flour, sugar, wheat starch, raising agents (disodium diphosphate, sodium bicarbonate), natural flavoring, alt.
Lemon Sugar Glaze: sugar, natural flavor, citric acid
NOTE: May contain traces of hazelnuts, egg and milk powder
sugar, cocoa, de-oiled cocoa may contains traces of soy
1. Place baking mix, 3 eggs, 170 g soft butter and 2 tbsp water into a bowl, mix briefly with a hand mixer. Then on high speed for 3-4 min until creamy.
2. Use a pound cake form (10 inches). Layer with parchment paper or grease with butter and dust with flour. Add dough into form, spread even.
3. Pre-heat oven to 160 c of 375 F. Place cake in oven on middle height rack.
4. After 15 min of baking time cut with a pointed knife the surface lengthwise for 1/2 inch (1cm). Bake for additional 35-40 min.
5. When done let cool off for some minutes. Release from form and place on a cooling rack.
6. Make the glaze
Place glaze mix into a bowl and add as much water is needed until you get a thickened liquid. Spread the glaze on the cold cake.
About Kathi Baking Mixes
KATHI mixes are a testimony to the high quality, artisan German baking crafts, bridging the gap between German and North American baking traditions. These are the goodies that your grandmother used to bake on Sundays, with just the right quality, taste, moisture and texture, but without the fuss. Requiring just a few steps of preparation, Kathi mixes help the novice baker move beyond brownies, while offering time savings for accomplished cooks. KATHI mixes are available for cakes, cookies, tortes, muffins, biscuits and pizza dough. Plus, each mix features alternative recipe ideas on the package. From the award-winning innovator of cake mixes Kathi Rainer Thiele GmbH in Saxony Anhalt.
Shipping costs per weight will be calculated at checkout (UPS, USPS)
If you buy 3 or more baking mixes you will profit from a lower shipping rate.
Here is an Example:
3 baking mixes shipped to California will be $12.95 (East coast, midwest states less). If you order just 1 baking mix shipping it is at least $5.00.
For all questions see our Shipping & Return Policy
Share this Product
My Son liked the Zitronen Kuchen very much