Kathi Marble Cake Baking Mix - Authentic German Marmorkuchen 15.9oz
The Kathi Marble Cake Baking Mix - Authentic German Marmorkuchen is my absolute favorite because it used to be the cake of my childhood.
Using this baking mix you can make this cake in no time! Make it Sunday Morning and it will be ready for the afternoon Kaffee and Kuchen time.
- Glaze: Cocoa
- Just add fresh ingredients such as eggs, water and butter
- Made in Germany
- Non-GMO ingredients
- Low sugar content
- All instructions, ingredients etc. in English
1. Place baking mix, 3 eggs, 200 g soft butter and 2-3 tbsp water or milk into a bowl, mix briefly with a hand mixer. Then on high speed for 3-4 min until creamy.
2. Use a pound cake form (10 inches). Layer with parchment paper or grease with butter and dust with flour. Add 2/3 of the dough into form. Add 1 tbsp milk to remaining dough and place the dark dough on top of the light one. With a fork go in spiral movement through the dough to marbleize it.
3. Pre-heat oven to 160 c of 375 F. Place cake in oven on middle height rack.
4. After 15 min of baking time cut with a pointed knife the surface lengthwise for 1/2 inch (1cm). Bake for additional 35-40 min.
5. When done let cool off for some minutes. Release from form and place on a cooling rack.
6. Make the glaze
Bring water in a pan to a boil. Remove from heat. Place glaze mix into the water for 5 min, glaze will become liquid. Cut bap open at one corner. Spread glaze evenly over the cake by using a baking brush.
About Kathi Baking Mixes
KATHI mixes are a testimony to the high quality, artisan German baking crafts, bridging the gap between German and North American baking traditions. These are the goodies that your grandmother used to bake on Sundays, with just the right quality, taste, moisture and texture, but without the fuss. Requiring just a few steps of preparation, Kathi mixes help the novice baker move beyond brownies, while offering time savings for accomplished cooks. KATHI mixes are available for cakes, cookies, tortes, muffins, biscuits and pizza dough. Plus, each mix features alternative recipe ideas on the package. From the award-winning innovator of cake mixes Kathi Rainer Thiele GmbH in Saxony Anhalt.
MINIMUM PURCHASE: $20.00
Shipping costs per weight will be calculated at checkout (UPS, USPS)
If you buy 3 or more baking mixes you will profit from a lower shipping rate.
3 baking mixes shipped to California will be approx. $12.95 (East Coast, Midwest states less). If you order just 1 baking mix shipping can be at least $5.00 or more depending on the product. The weight of the baking mixes varies.
For all questions see our Shipping & Return Policy
Share this Product
I ordered this as a better alternative to American made baking mixes which are very sweet and believe it or not my family does not like when desserts are too sweet (European tastes perhaps?). Making the bake mix was relatively easy, the description on the back of the package was easy enough to understand. It's pretty simple. The taste was AMAZING. Just the right amount of sweetness and it came out moist and delicious. My family loved it. We had it for dessert after dinner and then with coffee the next day. They actually just asked me when I am making the next one. :)