Kathi German Apple Cream Cake Baking mix - Apfel Rahm Kuchen 13oz
The Kathi German Apple Cream Cake Baking mix is just right for fall and winter. The cake consists of fresh, baked or roasted apples, combined with a fluffy cream mix. You will love this cake if you are loving apple cakes.
- Just add for the dough: 2 eggs, 100 g Butter, and for the topping:
200 ml heavy cream, 200 ml milk, 3 eggs, 5-6 medium sized apples cut into slices (500 g)
- Made in Germany
- Non-GMO ingredients
- Low sugar content
- All instructions, ingredients etc. in English
200 g Bake mix, 160 g topping mix
Good for a spring form of 26 cm.
Baking Mix: Wheat flour, sugar, raising agents (disodium diphosphate, sodium bicarbonate), flavoring, table salt.
Topping Mix: sugar, corn starch, modified starch E1414, glucose syrup, emulsifier (E472b, E475), thickener guar gum and xanthan, skimmed milk powder, flavoring, salt, powdered sugar
NOTE: May contain traces of hazelnuts, milk and egg.
1. Place baking mix, 2 eggs, 100 g soft butter and water into a bowl, mix briefly with a hand mixer. Then on high speed for 3-4 min until creamy.
2. Use a spring form (10 inches). Layer with parchment paper or grease with butter and dust with flour. Add dough into form, spread even.
3. Peel apples, remove cores and cut in half, then into smaller pieces. Combine 200ml cooled heavy cream, 200 ml milk, 3 eggs and the mix.
Mix well briefly with hand mixer, then on high speed for 3 min.
4. Pre-heat oven to 160 c of 375 F.
5. Spread half of the filling on the dough, place apples on top (keep about 15 pieces), add remaining filling. Spread even. Place the remaining apple pieces on top.
6. Bake for 70 min. Place a sheet of parchment paper on top 10 min before baking time ends.
7. When cake has cooled off release from form. Dust with powdered sugar before serving.
About Kathi Baking Mixes
KATHI mixes are a testimony to the high quality, artisan German baking crafts, bridging the gap between German and North American baking traditions. These are the goodies that your grandmother used to bake on Sundays, with just the right quality, taste, moisture and texture, but without the fuss. Requiring just a few steps of preparation, Kathi mixes help the novice baker move beyond brownies, while offering time savings for accomplished cooks. KATHI mixes are available for cakes, cookies, tortes, muffins, biscuits and pizza dough. Plus, each mix features alternative recipe ideas on the package. From the award-winning innovator of cake mixes Kathi Rainer Thiele GmbH in Saxony Anhalt.
MINIMUM PURCHASE: $20.00
Shipping costs per weight will be calculated at checkout (UPS, USPS)
If you buy 3 or more baking mixes you will profit from a lower shipping rate.
3 baking mixes shipped to California will be approx. $12.95 (East Coast, Midwest states less). If you order just 1 baking mix shipping can be at least $5.00 or more depending on the product. The weight of the baking mixes varies.
For all questions see our Shipping & Return Policy