German Semmelknodel - Bread Dumplings in Pouches - Kartoffelland
The German Semmelknodel or Bread dumplings are a very popular side dish in Germany and are served with a roast and lots of gravy. Find a recipe for a Bavarian roast below.
Serve them with a Home made Pork Roast - Go to the Recipe -
German Semmelknodel- Bread Dumplings - from Kartoffelland
- Fill a large pan with cold water and add some salt.
- Place dumplings in the pan.
- Let dumplings soak for 10 minutes, turn them every now and then. Make sure that the dumplings are covered with water.
- Bring water with the dumplings to a boil and then let cook for 2 minutes. Let simmer in the uncovered pan over low heat for another 15 minutes until dumplings rise to the surface.
- Remove dumplings and briefly rinse under cold water.
- Release dumplings from the pouch by tearing it at a grip tab and serve right away with your favorite roast and gravy.
- Amount: 6 dumplings in pouches
- Net Weight: 200 g
- Made in Germany
- NOT GLUTEN FREE - NOT VEGAN
- May contain celery, mustard
Bread cubes 80 % (wheat flour, yeast, food salt), potato starch, hydrogenated vegetable fat, food salt, powder of egg yolk and egg white, granulated broth (plant protein, salt, hydrogenated vegetable fat), egg whites, onions, spices, parsley, thickener, guar gum.
MINIMUM PURCHASE: $20.00
SHIPPING - USA ONLY
Shipping costs per weight will be calculated at checkout (UPS, USPS)
If you buy 3 or more baking mixes you will profit from a lower shipping rate.
3 baking mixes shipped to California will be approx. $12.95 (East Coast, Midwest states less). If you order just 1 baking mix shipping can be at least $5.00 or more depending on the product. The weight of the baking mixes varies.
For all questions see our Shipping & Return Policy